Saturday, April 24, 2010

Exhausted






I am very tired. Each day when I go to the orphanage it is like a rollar coaster of emotions. I love spending time with Ana and getting to know her more, I anxiously await the day we bring her home. BUT my heart breaks for all the children we will leave behind. I wish I could bring them all home. Emotionally it tires me out. I watch them from afar, play with them, hug them interact with them and think oh this little guy or girl would be so perfect with ..... family. I can see the children happily apart of families at home. I miss everyone at home so much especially my kids and grandbabies!!! Today I will post some pictures of the other children here. We try to do crafts and play games with the children each day. We also try to take snacks for Ana's group at least every other day and something everyday for her. She really likes blueberry yogurt, snack cakes, juice boxes, kiwi and fruit snacks. She says she likes ice cream so we are hoping to get some when we take her to the circus. Today we took the movie Sleeping Beauty (in Russian of course) and watched it with the girls. Tommorrow is circus day. We even managed withn the help of Inna and some of the other girls to let Ana know tomorrow we will be picking her up at eleven to go to the circus with us. Our translator, Syvette, has been in Kiev for the past several days so we are being creative about communication. It is good for us, we will understand how Ana feels when she gets to America. We have done well we can even succesfully go to the market and shop by ourselves and actually know what we are buying most of the time. LOL

1 comment:

  1. love and prayers will give you strength Lori and Russ...those kids are all truly blessed...the little boy in the picture above makes me smile.. keep posting..
    Prayers,
    becky

    ReplyDelete