Friday, April 30, 2010

Russ' Post

Russ wrote today's post with his reflections:
As I lay here listening to the systematic clunk, clunk, clunk of the train wheels traveling from Krivyi Rig of the Dniproppetrovsk Region back to the capital city of Kiev, and i feel the gentle sway and jerking my mind is still back at the orphanage and there is a hollow spot in my heart. No, it's not for Ana, but for the other children there that we met. Ana has found her long awaited mama and papa and we have grown to love her very much (I never though I could love another child like my own flesh and blood, I am finding I was wrong). I can't help thinking of what fate lies in wait for these other precious children. Will they find a mama and papa, grow up to be successful or will they be not as fortunate. After two weeks of many thoughts I've come to one conclusion. These children just want to belong, be loved and be needed and need attention. This trip has taught me much and has been very humbling. We are so blessed in our land of milk and honey with so many oppertunities and we don't even realize it! We think we express thankfulness in our everyday lives, but still we murmur, gossip, grumble and are unsatisfied (To think I was grumbling about missing some of my beloved turkey hunting season just a few short weeks ago.....I am ashamed). If you may be guilty of any of these or maybe life just not getting it done for you, I have good news for you, it won't take much time from our so busy lives (abou 3 weeks) and it won't cost much (an airplane ticket about $1000, a train ticket $50, the food is cheap and so is the taxi service) and the smiles are FREE! Well clunk, clunk, clunk my mind shifts to another far away land, home. A place where 5 beautiful children, 3 beautiful daughter-in-laws, and seven almost eight gorgeous grandbabies and many wonderful friends and relatives that I miss deeply are waiting. I Am SOOOOO blessed and have gained and learned much. Thank you Lord! Clunk clunk, clunk guess it's time to clean up the soggy tissues and focus on home with so much anticipation. I'll sign off the way a little girl with deep blue eyes and an infectious smile and a new horizon ahead would.....Chow!

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome - can't wait to meet her - she sounds incredible !!!!

    ReplyDelete