Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rollar Coasters





I finally got my Internet working after my 3rd trip to the Internet store in the past two days. It seems no one here has ever seen a Mac. Only one man knew how to download what was needed to get it running. I have been using Cindy & Eric's computer.
Another rollar coaster ride this time to Dnopitropolous (spelling incorrect I'm sure) to apply for passports. Potholes, major swerving and bouncing everywhere makes for it to be necessary for car sick medicine for the kids. Our driver got another flat tire today while on the trip.
The car rides are not the only rollar coasters, daily it is a rollar coaster here. Some people at the orphanage are nice, most make it evident that they resent us being there and we are not welcome. We try to be nice to everyone and stay low key. Sometimes it is hard. Children find us and beg to have us find them a mama and papa in America.
Yesterday a very sweet 16 year old girl with dark hair and big dimples grabbed me by my hand and took me over to a translator and looked at me with pleading eyes as she ask, "Could you please help me find a mama and papa in America? I am 16 and I have no one." I instantly teared up. She is to old for a hosting program and her time is up she is 16 ready to "graduate" from the orphanage next round. Lena told me this girl is a very very nice girl and Nostya D. said that the girl prays everyday for a family. Please pray that God provides a family for her soon!
We also got heartbreaking news today, Nostya and Denis agreed to be adopted by the Italian family visiting them and paperwork is being started. My heart aches for the Kings in America who are in the process of adopting these sweet children. I pray the family that is taking them are Christians that will raise them to Know and love the Lord. Please pray for the children and the King family.
Tonight is Lena and Erik's last night at the orphanage they are so happy. Tomorrow night we will be traveling by overnight train to Kiev for the remainder of our trip.
I am so homesick and miss my kids and grandkids so much I can't wait to get home! While you all celebrate Christmas Eve we will be fighting sleep on the train to Kiev. We are bringing two precious gifts along with us Lena and Erik. We will also be leaving with some wonderful deeper friendships with some great people: Eric and Cindy, Mick and Janel, Tina and Dusty have all become even dearer to our hearts as we have shared portions of this journey together.
It is after 4:00 AM I have not slept well the past three nights and I never sleep on the train. I am going to crash at some point. last three nights maybe 4 hours sleep total. I am going to post some pics then try to fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I am in tears thinking about about the 16 year old girl who has no mama and papa, no child deserves to be in that position. My heart is aching for the King's as well today. We are praying for your family and for strength to get through this news about Denis and Nostya.

    ReplyDelete