Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Missing Everyone

This post may be short, we are having difficluty with our Internet. The connection is not good, the stick has loose wires so sometimes we get service but slow and other times no service. We are unable to use Skype with it to call home we have only gotten throufgh two phone calls on Skype, one to David and one to Denise> We have been unable to call our children everytime they are available there is no service. So kids Mama and Papa love you, we have not forgotten about you, we just can't get in touch with you right now by phone. When we call we can hear you sometimes, but you cannot hear us. I did get ahold of the verizon company however and they got my international phone working so we can receive emails on it. So email is the best way to communicate right now. We have ask to be permitted to buy a new Internet stick so we have Internet access and we can leave it for the next family coming, we were told once we get to Krivoy Rig which will be tomorrow. Anyone traveling after us I suggest calling your cell phone server and asking what International plans and options they have. We have Verizon and it was easy to have a phone sent to us overnight and it only cost $9.99. Then we added an International package to our plan which was inexpensive and we get unlimited emails for free on the phone, you can text but it is 25 cents per text to send and 5 cents to reciev. If we call anyone with it the cost is $2.89 per minute so that is why Skype is so valuable to have. I highly recommend having Skype set up on your computer before coming and checking with your cell phone provider for options.
Today is a day of Waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Russ will probably sleep most of the day as he was again up all night. I did fall asleep last night, but woke up at 3:30 AM for the day. So far I have read 4 books since leaving home so Book Nook has been a huge blessing for me (be sure you download the books at home before leaving because you can't do that here) Also, don't worry I haven't been reading while Russ is awake unless he is watching a DVD on the computer or reading himself. I have also been working on some homeschool projects for Isaac and some SCI work for our family business, I find it easier to fill the days than Rus he is not doing well being couped up knowing his boys are in the first week of buck season back home. He longs to be there with them and can't belive he is 50 years old and missing the first week of buck season in his life while he is in an apartment in the Ukraine, then he looks at a picture of Lena and Eddick and it is all worth it. Once we get to go to the orphanage that will make things easier. We have had an extra day of waiting this first trip since we traveled a day early with Dusty and Tina, that to was a good choice as we really enjoyed the time together with them. They should be visiting the orphanage in about an hour so check their blog for details about their time there today. I must admit there is a small part of me that is slightly anxious about the fact that we are dependant today on a driver we did not have when we were here before to pick us up and go to the SDA to get our paperwork, we have no way of contacting him if he does not come and then we rely on him again to take us to the train station. Syvette is already in Krivoy Rig and I do not have her phone number to call her and Sasha is in another region assisting another couple with an adoption I do have his number I will call him if the driver does not come. We can do this though on our own we have done it before, as long as he picks us up which I am sure he will. Becky I am not sure if you are following our blog but if you are read the new Karen Kingsbury book Unlocked I thought of us when I read it.
Cindy and Eric we anxiously await your arrival and hope to see you here, probably on Dec. 7 in Krivoy Rig since your SDA Appt is the 5th. Remember the list we went over of suggestions for what to bring, but don't fret like we discussed as long as you have passports and money you can make it without anything else if you have to everything else is a want not a need.
To my children: First know how much Love you all and miss you greatly! Wish we could all be here together. I can feel your prayers and that keeps us connected together through this journey of adding two more precious souls to our family circle.
Russie and Cheri please tell Gracie, Bubba, Laney and Madie that we love them and miss them and give them a big hug and kiss from Grammy and Pappy. We are so very proud of you for being next in the family to follow in this adoption journey and can't wait to see your kids- Nostya and Vika at the orphanage I will tell them their babushca is here and mama and papa will be soon.
Ryan and Ashley please tell Haiden, Riley and Harper we love them and miss them and give them a big hug and kiss from Grammy and Pappy, tell them we will have Christmas when we get home from the Ukraine Grammy got everything ready before I came to the Ukraine: gifts are wrapped, house is decorated all we need is to bake the cookies and cook dinner and Jesus will be waiting for us to celebrate his Birthday with him together.
Heath and Jess thank you from the bottom of our heart for taking care of Ana and loving on her while we are away I know you are taking good care of her and I am not worried at all. Her and Uriah need a big hug and kiis from you for us. Remind them how much we love them and miss them. Tell Ana we saw her basketball game on a video Cheri sent us on the computer and we wish we could have been ther. I have her letters for her friends and teachers ask her if there is anything she wants me to tell them and ask her to pray about a special gift we can get for them and to let me know what she would have wanted when she was here. Please tell Ana I am so very proud of the person she has blossomed into, being here brings back the memories of her when she was here more strongly. Her precious little face with hopeful yet questioning eyes when we met her are now shining with joy and confidence. She has grown so much in character and opened her heart so much to give and recive love. I am most proud of the way she is opening her heart to God and allowing Him to be a part of her life. Please make sure she has her praise and worship music, she loves to listen to it and pray aloud and sing along, it is so touching to see how God is becoming an important part of her life.
Heather I feel so connected to you being here because we walked this path together for Ana I miss you my prayer warrior seeking God's direction and cover together when we were here. I love you sweetie tell Torey he will have to be the one to give you a big hug and kiss from us or maybe Isaac should do that LOL. Lena will be blessed as Ana has to have you as a role model.
And Isaac my baby boy - LOL my not so little boy anymore. I love you and miss you so very much - I am praying that you will come join me on the second trip here to bring the children home I really want to walk this part of my life with you and share it together. I will be waiting for an email from you with your answer and the middle name you have chosen for your new brother Eddick. Your sister and all your brthers need to give you big hugs and kisses from us and if thats not enough Ashley and Jess I know will have some for you.
Well my heart is aching and I am crying now- tears dripping on the computer keyboard. I am always so melted and emotional when I am here away from all those we love and cherish so very much. You are our sunshine and without you the world seems so grey. LOVE YOU!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND BRING YOUR NEW BROTHER AND SISTER HOME.

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I know for a fact that your not the only one that cried during your post!! Remember that it doesn't matter how far you "feel" from family, they aren't far at all.. No distance is to great when there is an amazing amount of love! If I'm the "becky" you were talking about I will be sure to get the book and read it.. I've been looking for a good book... I so enjoy your blogs and never miss any of them.. Take care of yourself and Russ while over there and the prayers are always being raised for you and your family... until next blog .. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course I'm talking about you what other Becky could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your posts so much - Love you -

    ReplyDelete