Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sister & Ana





By Heather...
Today is the day I finally got to meet my sister. All of my life I've wanted a sister. I use to beg and beg for Mom to adopt one. She's nine years younger than me. When I was asking for a sister, God was already lining one up for me. The past few months I've had dreams about her, I've prayed for her, stared at her picture over and over, and it almost felt like some kind of fairytail that couldn't be true. I spent time preparing for this day, asking God to bring to the surface the things that I need to change before I meet her. It's not an option if she will look up to me, but, I am blessed to have the opportunity to be a role model for her. I don't want to be a "good" big sister, I want to be great for her because this is reality and she deserves my all. Today is the day I finally got to meet the sister God had created for me. God is so good to me. I have the BEST little sister in the entire world!! I would not trade the feeling i had when I first saw her for a million dollars. I understand the meaning of priceless moments. As I was waiting my heart was pounding, my legs were shaking, I felt almost like I was about to pass out or something. I was smiles from ear to ear and couldn't stop thinking about seeing her come through the door. I've been waiting for what seems like a very long time to give her a hug and I finally got to give her that hug. I can't put into words that feeling i had for those few quick seconds. I can't say I've ever felt anything that I could compare it to. Ana melted the core of me. I'm blessed...

3 comments:

  1. As if we weren't crying enough when we saw the video on Facebook, we had to come here and read this, too . . . God is soooo good! We are praising God with you and praying for you guys! Thanks for allowing us to follow along and be a part of what God is doing in your growing family's lives! We are blessed, too!

    We Love You!
    Joe and Ginger (and Grace and Jordyn - who love looking at Ana's pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather, there was never any question that you wouldn't be an amazing big sister... You have been truly blessed and so has Ana... God if very good, all the time... Keep blogging..
    prayers,
    becky..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lori,

    Hey Lori it is Emily speaking and I would love<3 to adopt one of these children.It would be a blessing to have another sister or a brother.My sister is bugging my mom to get a little brother, but I say we get a little girl instead or a dog.I told my friends and they can't wait to meet her too.It would be a blessing to have Ana and I can't wait to meet her too.I would love<3 to have Ana as my sister.You have the best opportunity to adopt Ana and have her as a child and to Heather a sister.I will pray for you to get back safely and bringing back children for the hosting program.As I said I can't wait to meet ana.I feel like crying after watching how many kids dont have homes.
    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete