Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travels

By Heather....
We started Tuesday around 10. The plane ride was a loooong one. We road a train into the town where the orphanage is. Each train car holds forty people with four beds in each small room. For some reason I thought it was the coolest thing ever becuase I've never riden a train that you sleep on. It has a bathroom and when you pump down the metal petal to flush it you even get to see it hit the tracks! The culture is neat ... really enjoy the food so far! They have a million ways to stuff dough shells that look like the shells around perogies and lets just say I'm all for that. Ukraine has to be the only place on earth that can make soup from cabbage that tastes like heaven. We only slept one night on the train so we've been traveling for three days and haven't even seen night yet. Kinda makes it feel like one long day. I can not stop thinking about Ana!! I meet her in an hour. I finally get to get/give the hug I've been waiting for since the first time i heard about her! It's going to be priceless... I've been waiting for this day for what seems like a looong time. Thank you God for your amazing opportunities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment