Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yesterday (paper work and party) and Today (museums and orphanage)

By Heather...
Yesterday Ana and I got to really hang out for the first time. We went to the capital two hours away to do paper work. Waiting around for hours has never been so fun in all my life. On the way down Ana layed down on my lap and we both fell asleep. She wraps both her arms around mine, pulls my arm up close to her chest, then falls asleep. I love every second of it. She melts my heart constantly. I can just look at her from a distance and be filled with joy. She has my heart for sure. She's a gem. God is so so so good to me for everything he is doing in our family. I care about her so deep. When she laughs, it makes me laugh. When she cries, it makes me cry. I can already feel that when she gets hurt it's going to make my heart hurt too. She's so precious it's unreal. When they had the celebration party that Mom wrote about there were so many emotions. I was filled with joy to see her so so happy to have food to serve her friends, teacher, and orphanage director. She liked being able to serve. Then when her friends read their goodbye wishes and the director, teacher, and Mom gave a toast it was filled with emotion. Ana was crying because she was so happy to have a family, the kids were crying because they were so happy for her, and all of them were crying because they love her and will miss her. Mom cried for the other girls that are living in hope of finding a family. I was all tore up seeing Ana and her friends love for eachother and knowing how blessed we are to have the opportunity to love her. It was amazing to see how much time the children put into arranging the party for her. They put in a lot of time and effort to be able to give Ana something nice, but you can tell how much they would love to have it themselves. I feel a weight whenever I see the way the other kids watch Ana and I together. I want so badly for all of them to have the same opportunity. I'm so blessed to be her sister. I'm excited to teach her English, to swim, ski, and a million other things that she's never done.

Today Ana and I got to cuddle more while we drove to the museums and exhibits :) We share something in common, we both aren't real interested in History (I'm working on that, I'm pretty bad at it). We had a ton of fun just getting to hang out together though. The pictures Mom posted are of her at a huge blow up slide. She had a lot of fun with that. We all shared a popcorn (they pour powdered sugar over it) and it's pretty delicious. Then, we got to go to the orphanage and spend time with some of the other kids. I would like to see some of their personalities so that we can better help find them families.

1 comment:

  1. Heather and Lori everytime I check out the blog i'm in tears! I can't wait to see the three of you together! We saw Russ at church He is bursting with Joy! We are so happy for you and for Ana! May God continue to Bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete